Partnerships and Collaboration
Forging alliances and relationships with a broad range of partnersinpursuit of the interests of councils and the communities they serveisat the heart of our approach.
We are good to do business withandare working together in new strategic partnerships todeliverefficiencies and improve services, getting the best out ofpartnersacross sectors to benefit our localities.
For example we are working:
- Alongside the business community, the LGA, wide public sector and the voluntary and community sector to secure our aims;
- to complement and support the work of both the area's Local Enterprise Partnerships;with other councils, council groupings and external partners to ensure there is an understanding of the activities of North East councils, a sharing of good practice and mutual learning and influence;
- with the voluntary and community sector and public sector partners to maximise opportunities for collaborative approaches in developing frontline services and funding to help tackle health and social inequalities;
- collaboratively to promote our strong leisure, cultural, sports and tourism offer;
with the Government, the police authorities and other partners toaddressanti-social behaviour, reduce crime and the fear of crime;
- and collaboratively to tackle the supply, provision and affordability of good quality housing in places where people want to live.